Why is weight loss the #1 New Year resolution in 2020 for moms?!
Okay Mamas, so you want to lose the baby weight (or any weight in general)?! Lets get 3 things straight…
- Why is “weight loss” the #1 New Year resolution in 2020 for moms?! First of all, our bodies are pretty much super heroes. We can grow another human being, we can then be the main food source for that little life for a whole year, & we still somehow manage to keep a house clean, do the laundry, etc. (because the list could go on and on lol). God created us with an AMAZING body, and we should love our bodies instead of seeing every imperfection! BUT… as Moms we do tend to wear our bodies down quite frequently and not take care of ourselves as much as we take care of those around us. Keep this in perspective when you see your body as a little over weight, saggy, tired, etc. Instead of seeing these imperfections try to see the selflessness and love your body has shown. Give yourself some TLC in 2020 and do something to take care of that body that has worked so hard!
- It doesn’t matter if you’re wanting to lose 5lbs or over 100lbs- you’re in the right place! Even if you’re not a Mom, these meals and workouts are for YOU!
- Losing weight does not have to mean that you’re going to be miserable the rest of your life because you’re trying to be “skinny.” Losing weight should be about living a healthier lifestyle so that you can FEEL BETTER and still ENJOY LIFE (and enjoy tasty foods every once in a while 😉 )
Creating a healthier lifestyle for you and your family is going to consist of 2 things: diet and exercise.
A diet is whatever you are consuming into your mouth. People often refer to diet as a restrictive diet but in real life everyone is on a “diet” 😉
Exercise does not mean you have to go put yourself through intense misery for an hour every day. Exercise can be something you enjoy, and not everyone’s exercise is going to look the same.
I am going to give you 7 dinner plans that are kid and husband friendly. Please be aware that I obviously don’t know your allergies or preferences. My goal is to incorporate as much real, WHOLE FOOD as possible with each meal. I also focus on the MICRO-NUTRIENTS we are getting from the vegetables I choose.
A weeks worth of Dinner Meal Plans to help you accomplish your New Year Resolution of losing the baby weight! (or any weight!)
- Sunday– steamed broccoli, jasmine rice, and baked chicken
- Monday– Salad
- Tuesday– Salmon, steamed asparagus, and sweet potato fries
- Wednesday– 90/10 Grass fed beef and broccoli stir fry with coconut aminos
- Thursday– Chicken burrito bowls (chicken, cheese, black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and avocado)
- Friday- Cottage Pie (cheese, sweet potato, beef, green beans, green peas, carrots, and corn)
- Saturday– Pan seared dark meat chicken, roasted red potatoes, and squash
Sunday- steam organic broccoli on stove with water and 1 TB butter until desired tenderness (the less cooked the more nutrient dense) *seasoning- pink himalayan salt. Measure out rice and water ratios depending on serving size and boil in water on stove; Place seasoned chicken breasts (antibiotic free/free range chicken) *seasonings- minced garlic, pink himalayan salt, and black pepper* in dish with 2 TB butter and water covering bottom of dish, cover with tin foil, and bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Monday- Salad (1 bag organic spinach & half bag organic mixed greens) with chopped chicken (5oz per salad for adults/ 1-2oz for kids), 3 boiled eggs, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1 can of dark red kidney beans, 1 cut up green bell pepper, and 1 sliced cucumber (Helpful hint- Bake enough chicken Sunday to shred up and have ready in the fridge for Monday)
Tuesday- Place wild caught salmon in dish in the oven with bottom of the dish covered with water. Evenly distribute sauce (2 TB lemon juice, 2 TB melted butter, pink himalayan salt, pepper, and minced garlic) on top of each salmon filet. Cover dish with tin foil and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Steam organic asparagus in water and 1 TB of butter on stove top until desired tenderness and season with salt and pepper (less cooked = more nutrient dense). Chop organic sweet potatoes into fry or small wedge shapes (depending on your preference) and place on a sprayed (I use coconut oil spray) pan. Drizzle olive oil over sweet potato and season with pink himalayan salt and pepper. Place in oven at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until desired tenderness.
Wednesday- Brown 1 lb 90/10 grass fed beef in a pan on stove top. Add in organic broccoli florets (you can drain beef grease first, but with 90/10 there’s so little grease that it doesn’t really make a difference), 1/4 cup of water, and 3 TBS coconut aminos. Cover and steam until broccoli is at desired tenderness (less cooked = more nutrient dense). You can serve this over rice if your hubs needs more carbs 😉
Thursday- Cut up chicken (antibiotic free/free range) and put in a pan on stove with 1 TB butter and 1/4 cup water and cook until tender. Heat up 1 can of black beans in a sauce pan. Slice 1 organic tomato. Dice 1 organic green bell pepper and 1 organic onion and sautee in 1 TB butter and 1/4 cup water. Shred sharp cheddar cheese. Slice 1 organic avocado. I like to put all of the toppings into separate bowls and let everyone make their own!
Friday- Brown 1 lb 90/10 grass fed beef. Boil 5 medium organic sweet potatoes until completely soft (usually 30 min). Boil 2 bags of organic, frozen mixed veggies ( I like to use the green bean, corn, pea, and carrot mix) for about 10min. Pour mixed veggies and beef into a casserole dish. Peel sweet potatoes and then blend with 1/2 cup milk until you have a nice smooth mixture to spread on top. Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees F and then top with sharp cheddar cheese and serve with salt and pepper.
Saturday- Cook 4-5 (free range/antibiotic free) chicken thighs in a stove pan with 2 TB butter and 1/4 cup of water. Saturate both sides of chicken with butter/water mix and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Use 1 bag of small red potatoes and slice down the middle *cut in half. Place them on a cookie sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper. Cut up 1 yellow squash and pan sear with 1 TB butter, 1/4 cup water, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Always wash veggies before cooking (I use vinegar water spray and hot water)
I recommend either pink himalayan salt or sea salt instead of using regular table salt
I use dairy products (whole milk, butter, and cheese) from a local creamery.
Check out Hope’s vegan dinner recipe here at https://lovefoodnourish.com/eggplant-bruschetta-paleo-gluten-free-vegan/
Keep at it! Your New Year Resolution is going great!
7 At-Home-Workouts to help you accomplish your New Year Resolution!
- Lets start the week off with a sweat! 25min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible in 25 minutes) 1 Round = 10 push ups, 20 squats, 30 jumping jacks
- Cardio! 5k (3.1 miles)- You can walk or run this. Just try to finish in under 1 hour! Go Mama Go!
- Cross Fit Challenge! 4 Rounds For Time (see how fast you can finish)- 1 Round = 25 lunges, 25 crunches, and 10 push ups
- Booty Pump! Squat challenge- see how fast you can do 100 squats. Then walk/run 1 mile.
- Sexy Legs! 5 Rounds for Time! 1 Round = 25 mountain climbers, 25 high knees, 10 lateral leg raises *each leg*
- Ab Toaster! 30min AMRAP- 1 Round = 30 sec plank hold, 20 V- ups (crunches with straight legs trying to reach for toes at the top), 10 push ups, 30 Jumping Jacks!
- HIIT Work! 4 Rounds For Time- 1 Round = 10 burpees, 20 high knees, 10 walking lunges
*Try to do some kind of warm up and stretch for at least 5 minutes before beginning each workout. Then also stretch it out when you’re finished as well. Take 5 deep breaths and pat yourself on the back Mama! You killed it!*
Feel free to Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your dinner plans or workouts….Or if the week is over and you’re still wanting to stick out your New Year Resolution 😉